Where to go out - Salvador Nightlife
• Bar Zulu – Rua das Laranjeiras 15, Pelourinho
A very cool
cosmopolitan corner bar, great outdoor seating area for people watching and having a drink... or two... or three. Small meals (including vegetarian fare) are also available.
• Café Alquimia – Ladeira do Carmo, Carmo
Bohemian gathering spot for local artists, musicians and curious travellers.
• Bar da Ponta – Praça dos Tupinambás 2 – Av do Contorno, Comêarcio (Cidade Baixa)
At the end of the pier, past Trapiche Adelaide, this
upmarket baris arguably the most romantic place in Bahia to watch the sunset. Bring your lover and sample delicious cocktails.
• Barravento – Av Oceânica, at the beach Farol da Barra, Barra
beach bar(the only one here). A great spot to while away an afternoon in the sun or in the shade provided by a canvass shed. Come for a drink, not in particular the food.
• Groove Bar – Rua Almirante Marques de Leão 351, Barra
Groovy 80s rock club with often
live musicon stage (among them excellent cover bands)
• Bahia Café – Praça Mirante dos Aflitos
Fancy bar/ restaurant/ disco with great views of the bay. Live music on weeknights, DJ sets in the weekends.
• Twist Pub – Rua João Gomes 95, Rio Vermelho.
This is where the Salvador twenty something preppies spend the nights
dancing to axe, forró, pop and technotunes.
• Club Ego – Rua Fonte do Boi 216, Rio Vermelho
In Hotel Pestana, featuring a wide of range of music, from jazz to techno, which you can enjoy from the dance floor or perhaps from the VIP area...