Where to eat - Sao Paulo Restaurants
• Fasano – Rua Vitório Fasano 88, Jardins
Yes, you can have more than a first-class sleep here:
the Fasano restaurant is arguably the most sophisticated in Sao Paulo. French/ Italian cuisine and there is a cigar bar for after-dinner chats.
• Brasil a Gosto – Rua Prof. Azevedo do Amaral 70, Jardins
Here you can hop on a gastronomic ride of delicious flavours the
Brazilian cuisinehas to offer.
• Gero – Rua Haddock Lobo 1629, Jardins
Gero has great
Italian style foodon offer, but you also come here for the lounge atmosphere of ‘to see and to be seen’.
• Mani – Rua Joaquim Antunes 210, Jardins
Inventive and creative dishes on the menu of this unpretentious restaurant with style.
• Fogo de Chão – Av dos Bandeirantes 538, Vila Olimpia
Not the cheapest, but arguably
the best churrascaria (steakhouse) in Sao Paulo. There are two more branches in the metropolitan area as well as other cities in Brazil and the USA.
• Vicolo Nostro – Rua Jataituba 29, Brooklin
If you want to escape the Sao Paulo city jungle, this large restaurant will give you the pleasant idea to be in Italy for an hour or so.
• Kinoshita – Rua da Glória 168, Liberdade
This restaurant offers groundbreaking
Japanese fusion cuisine. If you are only after a quick sushi meal, there are other – cheaper – options in the area.
• Govinda – Rua Princesa Isabel 379, Brooklin
Completing the ethnic variety in this price range: Govinda is one of the most popular Indian restaurants of Sao Paulo. Nicely decorated and a decent menu.
• Gopala-Hari – Rua Antônio Carlos 429, Consolação
If Govinda is stretching your budget too much but you are still dying for a curry or a vegy meal: try this small
restaurantwith a set menu, two blocks from Avenida Paulista.
• Ponto Chic – Largo do Paiçandu 27, Centro
World famous in Sao Paulo: do as the locals and try the Brazilian equivalent of a hamburger; the bauru. This baguette with cheese, sliced beef and salad is supposed to be invented here.
• Almanara – Rua Basílio da Gama 70, Centro/ Rua Oscar Freire 523, Jardins
Market leader in Mediterranean/ Lebanese food Despite being part of a chain it is not a clinical affair and prices are very moderate.
• Pizzeria Speranza – Rua 13 de Maio 1004, Bela Vista
Popular pizzeria in the Italian quarter Bela Vista (also called Bixiga), north of the Avenida Paulista. There are plenty of other pizzerias around Rua 13 de Maio and Rua Rui Barbosa.