Where to eat - Rio de Janeiro Restaurants
• Gero – Rua Anibal de Mendonça 157, Ipanema
Excellent Italian cuisine, good service in a trendy setting.
• Cavist – Rua Barao da Torre 358, Ipanema
This is Rio de Janeiro's Wine lovers Central: you will pick your wine from the large wine cellar at ground floor and enjoy a sophisticated meal upstairs at the outdoor patio. International cuisine.
• Antiquarius – Rua Aristides Espínola 19, Leblon
the best Portuguese restaurant in Rio de Janeiro. An extensive wine-list and efficient staff add to a fine dining experience.
• Cipriani – Av Atlântica 1702, Copacabana
If you cannot afford staying in the Copacabana Palace, its elegant
Italian restaurantgives you the opportunity to at least enjoy some of the decadent vibe.
• Olympe – Rua Custódio Serrão 62, Jardim Botânico
Sophisticated small restaurant with innovative French cuisine: a Rio institute. Reservations are highly recommended.
• AlbaMar – Praça Marechal Ancora 186, Centro
Step back in time in this slightly old-fashioned edifice, housing a restaurant with one of
the best seafood in Rio de Janeiro. A nice bay panorama included.
• Esplanada Grill – Rua Barão da Torre 472, Ipanema
the best steakhouses in Rio de Janeiro, but is has a more sedate ambiance compared to the average churrascaria.
• Plataforma – Rua Adalberto Ferreira 32, Leblon
Favourite haunt of the late musician Tom Jobim. There is a good restaurant (Brazilian/ international cuisine), a bar and a comedy club on the premises.
• Carlota – Rua Dias Ferreira 64, Leblon
A little gastronomic gem with an innovative, ever-changing international menu.
• Amir – Rua Ronald de Carvalho 55c, Copacabana
the best Arabic/ Mediterranean restaurant in Rio de Janeiro, in the heart of Copacabana. Lunch buffet, dinner á la carte.
• Marius – Av Atlântica 290, Leme
One of the better churrascarias (all-you-can-eat steakhouses) in town, which even thought of vegetarians: you can choose from a large veggie buffet as well. Next door is an excellent seafood restaurant of the same owner.
• Atrium – Praça XV de Novembro 48, Centro
Feel like a colonial ruler in this decent restaurant, located among historical buildings. Efficient service.
• Pizzaria Alessandro e Federico – Rua Garcia D’ávila 151, Ipanema
Good quality pizzas and a ditto wine-list.
• Koni Store – Rua Maria Quitéria 77 and Rua Farme de Amoedo 75, Ipanema
Value for money sushi bar/ Japanese take away restaurants with twenty or so other branches throughout Rio de Janeiro and even in other major cities.
• Shirley – Rua Gustavo Sampaio, 610, Leme
A very popular small eatery with Spanish cuisine, around for decades. Often a full house.
• Lamas – Rua Marquês de Abrantes 18, Flamengo
A café restaurant, in business for 130 or so years and still a favourite among the bohemian elite of Flamengo and around.
• Bar Lagoa – Av Epitácio Pessoa 1674, Lagoa
Another old kid on the block: eating German style dishes and drinking the best beer from tap in Rio de Janeiro, while overlooking the lake.
• Cedro do Líbano – Rua Senhor dos Passos 231, Centro
A simple eating option in style, this Lebanese restaurant, right in the heart of Saara.